TalkHearts
Game of Thrones - Printable Version

+- TalkHearts (https://talkhearts.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Tynecastle (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Pub (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Game of Thrones (/thread-1887.html)

RE: Game of Thrones - PHOODLE-OUt - 07-18-2017

Aye he said he'd had enough of abuse so he wouldn't be tweeting as much, after a torrent of abuse last night he deleted it all together Titter

RE: Game of Thrones - Frei me a river - 07-18-2017

At what point did they think Sheeran stinking it up would add to the story? I had a Tim on my face for the entire scene.

RE: Game of Thrones - Johnny - 07-18-2017

I stopped watching after season 3. Read the books though Sound

Has Sansa shown bewb yet? Quite Good

RE: Game of Thrones - Winston Churchill - 07-18-2017

Fat boy Sam cleaning out the bed pans. Gave me the total Eek

RE: Game of Thrones - Mr A - 07-18-2017

(07-18-2017, 03:15 PM)Johnny Wrote: I stopped watching after season 3. Read the books though Sound

Has Sansa shown bewb yet? Quite Good

Nah. Given that the 'online community' went berserk after they showed a scene (which they actually just hinted at, rather than showed) with Sansa and Bolton I can almost guarantee they will never show anything of the Stark girls.

RE: Game of Thrones - Walter Sobchak - 07-20-2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40665697/slavery-series-from-game-of-thrones-creators-facing-backlash

Posting this not so much about their new series, but the criticism that there aren't enough black actors in GOT. I was thinking about this the other day actually, as it's a pretty white show. I suppose as it's essentially based in medieval europe, that explains why, but should there be a broader cross section represented? Would it have been a problem to cast a few more black actors in other roles?

The unsullied are pretty much north african/egyptian and the dothraki more turkic. Is it incumbent upon programme makers and film makers to include a more varied cast? Or should it depend on the role and script entirely? If so, however, should that mean programmes which aren't more representative are then not produced, in favour of others which are?

Disclaimer, I think the next bond should be black.

RE: Game of Thrones - PHOODLE-OUt - 07-20-2017

I think GOT is set in a time where races don't really mix or migrate much. Wouldn't really fit the narrative if King's Landing was like London.

RE: Game of Thrones - 2NaFez - 07-20-2017

Game of thrones is pretty clan based. The whole point of the show is that there are families, and a lot of the conflict arises because travel seems to be such a danger, so mingling isn't all that common. Therefore it's no great stretch to say that the integrity of the imaginary world would be compromised if it was more diverse.

RE: Game of Thrones - Mr A - 07-20-2017

I can only remember two black characters - that fit translator and they had that plump chap that was locked in the the tomb with that other fit bursds.

I don't think there are any Asians or South East Asians in it either.

Pretty white show tbf but also tbf the white walkers are the baddies.

I don't think there is an obligation to have a varied cast. They can cast who they want and who they think best fills the characters from the book.

RE: Game of Thrones - Bill Cosby - 07-20-2017

Definitely should be script and location led.

RE: Game of Thrones - Floyd - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 11:04 AM)Walter Snowchak Wrote: Disclaimer, I think the next bond should be black.

I agree, Idris Elba would make a very good Bond I think.

RE: Game of Thrones - Drederick Shanktum - 07-20-2017

George RR Martin does look like a massive racist to be honest

(07-20-2017, 11:22 AM)TheLannistator Wrote: I can only remember two black characters - that fit translator and they had that plump chap that was locked in the the tomb with that other fit bursds.

I don't think there are any Asians or South East Asians in it either.

Pretty white show tbf but also tbf the white walkers are the baddies.

I don't think there is an obligation to have a varied cast. They can cast who they want and who they think best fills the characters from the book.

Pinilla

Acey with the neggies. Piggy

RE: Game of Thrones - Zizou - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 11:09 AM)Arya-Stupid Wrote: I think GOT is set in a time where races don't really mix or migrate much. Wouldn't really fit the narrative if King's Landing was like London.

It has dragons in it mate. Monty Ha

(07-20-2017, 11:38 AM)Alan Partridge Wrote: It has dragons in it mate.  Monty Ha

Don't think it would make sense if the dragons were black.

They could fry their own chicken right enough Tony Can't Hear You

RE: Game of Thrones - Johnny - 07-20-2017

Isnt the Summer Islands where the black folk in it live? Just not been many of them in it. The story hasnt moved there yet Jezza

RE: Game of Thrones - Morph - 07-20-2017

Argument for both sides, it is pretty clan based where everyone looks the same and doesn't integrate.

Also it's a fantasy world and if you chucked more black people into the separate communities you probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Is it really an issue though?