TalkHearts
Game of Thrones - Printable Version

+- TalkHearts (https://talkhearts.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Tynecastle (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Pub (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Game of Thrones (/thread-1887.html)

RE: Game of Thrones - PHOODLE-OUt - 05-15-2019

[Image: ZU6BNVPl.png]

RE: Game of Thrones - Mr A - 05-15-2019

Two season finale pictures released

[Image: jDRFlNrl.jpg]

RE: Game of Thrones - Walter Sobchak - 05-15-2019

In all the premonitions and visions of the iron throne/kings landing in ruins, it looked like it was snowing. That built up the sense of doom that the night king brought. Winter is coming. A force so strong that snow and ruin will come to kings landing.

Of course now we see it was ash falling instead.

RE: Game of Thrones - Peas N Gravy - 05-15-2019

Qyburns was the best death in the series

RE: Game of Thrones - PHOODLE-OUt - 05-16-2019

[Image: ciF0bdkl.jpg]

Pondlife

RE: Game of Thrones - Morph - 05-16-2019

Aye her character was very underwhelming this season.

RE: Game of Thrones - 2NaFez - 05-17-2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48303921

700,000 people being contrary.

RE: Game of Thrones - Morph - 05-17-2019

Wiggo

RE: Game of Thrones - Floyd - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 07:13 AM)2NoDealFish Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48303921

700,000 people being contrary.

Nope, 700,000 just in dire need of getting a life and realising that it's just television and not real life.

RE: Game of Thrones - 2NaFez - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 07:40 AM)Floyd Wrote: Nope, 700,000 just in dire need of getting a life and realising that it's just television and not real life.

That's correct. But dredders said I was just being contrary for pointing out the series seemed rushed a few weeks back, and it seems other people have noticed. It's just they need to get a life also.

(05-17-2019, 07:43 AM)2NoDealFish Wrote: That's correct. But dredders said I was just being contrary for pointing out the series seemed rushed a few weeks back, and it seems other people have noticed. It's just they need to get a life also.

I agree that the series does seem rushed and said so myself earlier in this thread I'm sure. It's still good television, but it has missed the chance to be fantastic television, which is a shame.

Imagine demanding that your favourite show is remade because you don't like the ending Warnock

Bet begbie has signed it Titter

RE: Game of Thrones - Roger H. Sterling - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 07:40 AM)Floyd Wrote: Nope, 700,000 just in dire need of getting a life and realising that it's just television and not real life.

Remember that next time you're fuming at the football and someone tells you it's just a game Shitwine

RE: Game of Thrones - Hotel Scorpio - 05-17-2019

A petition to retcon a series they didn't like Laugh

Didn't they try this kind of shit with Star Wars episode 8 as well? Wiggo

RE: Game of Thrones - Walter Sobchak - 05-17-2019

The ending is fine in the sense this is what it has always been, but the fucking pacing of the series is dreadful.

See the folk who think the writers disrespected the author, do they think HBO just fired in and wrote an ending to his story that he didn't want? Laugh

(05-17-2019, 08:09 AM)Roger H. Sterling Wrote: Remember that next time you're fuming at the football and someone tells you it's just a game  Shitwine

Warnock

Fair point, but I think you're confusing me with AP.

RE: Game of Thrones - Billy Butcher - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 09:09 AM)Morph Wrote: See the folk who think the writers disrespected the author, do they think HBO just fired in and wrote an ending to his story that he didn't want? Laugh

Watched a video yesterday saying that the fans frustration might turn on GRRM - if he had got his finger out, then the writing and character arcs wouldn't have been an issue.

I think that's debatable though, because the issues aren't necessarily what is happening to the characters, it's the pacing.

RE: Game of Thrones - Cheeky Gnando’s - 05-17-2019

Tbf from everything I've seen, folk are signing that petition because they want to embarrass the show runners with a massive number of signatures and not because they actually expect a re-shoot Laugh

And no I have not signed it Warnock

When you think about how many hours you've sunk into it, you can see why folk get pissed off when the ending gets fudged though. Like Mass Effect 3 which ruined hundreds of hours of investment Mugbie

RE: Game of Thrones - Walter Sobchak - 05-17-2019

If they were fed up of it, just executive produce it, and hand the reins over to someone else to finish the 10 series of 10 episodes. Fucking simple proposition that wouldn't have had cunts fast travelling about the place and ruining what was arguably the best TV show of all time. Warnock