TalkHearts
Apple Music - Printable Version

+- TalkHearts (https://talkhearts.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Tynecastle (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Pub (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Apple Music (/thread-2705.html)

Pages: 1 2

Apple Music - Mr A - 07-06-2015

Anyone downloaded this yet?

Comes with the latest iPhone software update. I never had spotify but it i hear it's pretty much the same.

Free trial for 3 months then £10p/m after that. You can download full albums & individual songs that you can listen to offline.

I'm not much of a music man but quite enjoying it so far.

RE: Apple Music - Zizou - 07-06-2015

Going to check it out.

Do the albums download onto the music bit on your phone and stay there/

RE: Apple Music - Pepe Silvia - 07-06-2015

Been using it since it came out. Decent enough that I'll probably cancel the Spotify subscription after the trial.

Haven't delved too much in to the playlist side of things yet, but only seems to be Apple curated stuff at the moment. Would be nice to be able to follow/sub friends and other random public playlists like you can with Spotify.

(07-06-2015, 06:12 PM)Alan Partridge Wrote: Do the albums download onto the music bit on your phone and stay there/

You can add an album or playlist to "your music" and download locally to the device. Appears amongst the rest of your normal music collection as if you owned it.

RE: Apple Music - Mr A - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 06:23 PM)Pepe Silvia Wrote: You can add an album or playlist to "your music" and download locally to the device. Appears amongst the rest of your normal music collection as if you owned it.

Yeah - which is how they get you by the short and curlies. Cancel your subscription and lose your music...

That's what spotify is though too though, right?

I wonder if the next step is charging a monthly fee - setting download limits and you get to keep it all if you cancel your subscription.

RE: Apple Music - Papin - 07-06-2015

Not being able to import your Spotify playlists could be a turn off for folk. Apple Music is definitely a lot more intuitive though.

(07-06-2015, 06:35 PM)TheMaganator2.0 Wrote: Yeah - which is how they get you by the short and curlies. Cancel your subscription and lose your music...

That's what spotify is though too though, right?

I wonder if the next step is charging a monthly fee - setting download limits and you get to keep it all if you cancel your subscription.

If you cancel Spotify, you lose the ability to keep a local copy for listening offline. I believe you'd revert to the free version where you'd have access to your playlists, but with ads and limited skips. Not read much in to the cancellation implications of Apple Music.

RE: Apple Music - Dexter - 07-07-2015

Does it allow for offline content playback?

Thinking about switching to the family option and away from spotify if it does

RE: Apple Music - Missed98 - 07-07-2015

Unless apple release apps for smart TV's (highly unlikey they'll want you to use an apple tv) i won't be changing from Spotify. The one thing i love more than anything else is the ability to use Spotify on pretty much any device and importantly get it through my amp (using samsung smart or Onkyo Receiver).

RE: Apple Music - Mr A - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 04:02 AM)Dexter Wrote: Does it allow for offline content playback?

Thinking about switching to the family option and away from spotify if it does

Yeah - there's an option to 'make available offline'. Once you select that option the song/album just appears in your iTunes library to listen to whenever.

I've only used it on my phone mind you - not sure how it operates from any other devices (if at all)

RE: Apple Music - Zizou - 07-11-2015

Been checking this out this morning.

I'm a big Spotify fan, but this is pretty impressive. Loving the available offline option.

RE: Apple Music - Roger H. Sterling - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 08:07 AM)Alan Partridge Wrote: Been checking this out this morning.

I'm a big Spotify fan, but this is pretty impressive. Loving the available offline option.

You get that on Spotify.

RE: Apple Music - Zizou - 07-11-2015

I know. This just goes right into my music on my iPhone though, quick and easy.

RE: Apple Music - Walter Sobchak - 07-14-2015

Just checked this out. It's nice, but as someone who likes the physical aspect of owning a record, it's a bit strange to have it tke over my itunes and fill it out with stuff I don't own.

Will check it out properly now.

RE: Apple Music - Walter Sobchak - 08-23-2015

Liking the playlists, I think I'll pay the tenner to continue the subscription after the free trial is up.

RE: Apple Music - Mr A - 10-22-2015

I still haven't paid a single penny for this yet - I have had it since the start of June - almost 5 months now.

Has anyone else had to pay yet? I thought it was only a 3 month free trial

RE: Apple Music - Zizou - 10-22-2015

My trial is up, it will be coming off your account now?

RE: Apple Music - Mr A - 10-22-2015

(10-22-2015, 10:04 AM)Alan Partridge Wrote: My trial is up, it will be coming off your account now?

Nah - I have checked back to August and there is no payment coming out for it. It is just the card linked to your itunes account, right?

RE: Apple Music - Drederick Shanktum - 10-22-2015

(10-22-2015, 10:08 AM)TheMaganator2.0 Wrote: Nah - I have checked back to August and there is no payment coming out for it. It is just the card linked to your itunes account, right?

Mine is off, always you Tory cunts with too much money getting free stuff Muggy

RE: Apple Music - Floyd - 10-22-2015

(10-22-2015, 12:14 PM)Drederick Tatum Wrote: Mine is off, always you Tory cunts with too much money getting free stuff Muggy

It's because Mags is helping them to siphon off their corporation tax that he gets it for free. Queenie