TalkHearts
New year/Hogmanay - Printable Version

+- TalkHearts (https://talkhearts.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Tynecastle (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Pub (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: New year/Hogmanay (/thread-4253.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

New year/Hogmanay - Vieri - 12-30-2015

What's everyone doing this year?

I find there's a lot of pressure to go to some inordinately expensive and extravagant event which is built up so much that the night inevitably turns into a let down, and loads of people end up not going. In recent years I've had some absolutely cracking New Years purely by everyone just getting together and seeing where the night took us - been 1000x better. About 20 of us in Glasgow last year had drinks in the flat, then went to the pubs like the Islay Inn and Ben Nevis, then onto Stereo, popped a couple of beans and had the best new year yet.

Working New Year's Day this year though which is a bit shite.

Another thing I've done which has been shit is the Edinburgh street party. Gash. Unbelievably overrated.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Mr A - 12-30-2015

I have an early dinner planned with two couples who have young kids. Not sure after that though. Part of me would be quite happy just to go home and relax.

I'll probably end up going out though.

You definitely do feel some weird sort of obligation to go out - not sure why though. It is a bit like Christmas time when boozers are filled with amateurs and the street party packed with neds.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Vieri - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 09:05 AM)TheMaganator2.0 Wrote: I have an early dinner planned with two couples who have young kids. Not sure after that though. Part of me would be quite happy just to go home and relax.

I'll probably end up going out though.

You definitely do feel some weird sort of obligation to go out - not sure why though. It is a bit like Christmas time when boozers are filled with amateurs and the street party packed with neds.

Think it's because people will judge you if you don't go out.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Steven Toast - 12-30-2015

I'm doing absolutely fuck all.

Might not even have a drink. I'm totally fucking scunnered wth alcohol right now.

Robbie

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Walter Sobchak - 12-30-2015

Last year was the best I've had in ages; ended up having an open invite to the flat before heading out to a club, which was woefully gash but it didnt really matter, as then went back to a mate's party in shawlands which was a great catch up with loads of old uni mates. As a short interlude the club broke up the night, but it was all about the gathering of mates and just seeing what happened.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Chris Benoit - 12-30-2015

Having a night in this year. To be honest I'm fucked after this month, week on call, week at Disney then all the shite involved with Christmas. Anyway got an all dayer on New Years Day with the wife's family and it's usually a good day out.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Prancer - 12-30-2015

Another for staying in.
NYE is overhyped, over expensive and if it's cold/wet/windy to fuck with that.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Walter Sobchak - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 10:30 AM)Prancer Wrote: Another for staying in.
NYE is overhyped, over expensive and if it's cold/wet/windy to fuck with that.

Aye, when it is pissing it down and you're waiting for a taxi, in an endless queue, full of cunts. Fat Cunt

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Shuto Makino - 12-30-2015

New Year is okay if you just see it as a big get-together with mates rather than expecting something special just because it's New Year. The feeling of being obliged to go out is pretty shite, but one year I did just decide I couldn't be arsed and stayed in and when it gets to the bells you do regret it. Invited to a couple of flats this year so will see what happens.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Zizou - 12-30-2015

I really want to stay in but committed to some pub thing. Can't be fucked with it at all. Party on the 2nd too Fat Cunt

Never paced myself enough and an 11am - 6am session for the game has killed me.

Need to keep your eyes open for ISIS too

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Hotel Scorpio - 12-30-2015

Going out in Wallyford Eek

I'm feeling like shit, so I might have a reason to dinghy it.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Frei me a river - 12-30-2015

I'll be sure to avoid anyone with brown skin prancer Sally

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Mr A - 12-30-2015

A couple of years ago I was in the States at my wife's place for New Year. We were just sitting in but thought we should go down to her local for the bells.

What a load of shite - went there for two drinks then came home. Should never have left her house in the first place.

The bells hold about 30 seconds of excitement. It isn't like when you were a young scamp and hoped to get a snog from a random.

(12-30-2015, 11:07 AM)Pete Seeger Wrote: I'll be sure to avoid anyone with brown skin prancer Sally

Keep safe

Re: New year/Hogmanay - Johnny - 12-30-2015

No plans yet. Can see me staying in and no drinking

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Charlie Kelly - 12-30-2015

Absolutely zero plans for me either this year. Can feel the cold coming on so can see me staying in feeling sorry for myself and getting fired into the rum/whisky.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - Morph - 12-30-2015

Working

Probably a prime target for the terrorists Snake

RE: New year/Hogmanay - 2NaFez - 12-30-2015

Out for a meal with friends, somewhere on broughton street. Pub and then house party if we can be fucked after the bells.

RE: New year/Hogmanay - The Great Naisy - 12-30-2015

A Chinese and drinks with her family then onto a mates house for a party.

Easthouses club on New Year's Day. Always a great day out jjay