TalkHearts
Alex Thomson on Celtic - Printable Version

+- TalkHearts (https://talkhearts.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Tynecastle (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Office Block (https://talkhearts.co.uk/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Alex Thomson on Celtic (/thread-6684.html)

Pages: 1 2

Alex Thomson on Celtic - Zizou - 02-22-2020

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/1231170834980626432

This should be interesting if he has his teeth into it.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - pondlife - 02-22-2020

Separate entity, blah blah. We deplore such acts, blah blah. Rangers hate catholics, blaah, ba-blah, ba!

The end. Monty Oh Well

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - It's utter shit - 02-22-2020

Any other sporting institution would've been closed down. Utterly shameful.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Floyd - 02-22-2020

From reading the replies to the tweet it seems Celtic tried to get a court injunction to stop this being shown. vladchin

Will now be out this Wednesday rather than last night as originally planned. Should be an interesting watch, but I'm sure that Celtic will no doubt have their statement prepared in advance to absolve themselves from any blame.

Quote:Utterly outstanding the amount of Celtic supporters that are crying out for transparency from their club now that its all about to come out anyway.Where were your voices before?? Way too late to try and be fly cunts on taking the moral high ground now.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Aim High - 02-22-2020

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bun fight with people trying to point score over such a depressingly sad issue.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Morph - 02-22-2020

What issues do Scottish football have with paedohpile rings?

As far as I knew it was the Celtic boys club issue and that a coach who worked for them was also involved at a few other boys clubs?

That tweet makes it sound as if all Scottish football was rife with paedos.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Jeff Resnick - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 12:25 PM)Aim High Wrote: Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bun fight with people trying to point score over such a depressingly sad issue.

This

(02-22-2020, 12:28 PM)Morph Wrote: What issues do Scottish football have with paedohpile rings?

As far as I knew it was the Celtic boys club issue and that a coach who worked for them was also involved at  a few other boys clubs?

That tweet makes it sound as if all Scottish football was rife with paedos.

I'm sure there's been talk in the media about connections with the paedophile rings in England. There was a BBC Scotland episode of Disclosure that detailed how there were issues at other clubs and with other individuals.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Zizou - 02-22-2020

It would be very naive to think it is just a couple of clubs.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Morph - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 12:36 PM)Ross Kemp On Spice Wrote: It would be very naive to think it is just a couple of clubs.

I'm sure there were incidents of sexual abuse all over Scotland but he's talking about paedo rings which I think are a bit different. They only one I've heard about on that sort of scale was through that coach linked to Celtic.

Not whataboutery or point scoring btw I just haven't heard of anything like that outside of the Celtic boys club issue.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Billy Butcher - 02-22-2020

I thought an ex-Hibs coach was a historic case - a quick google says it was Gordon Neely who was also ex Rangers and Hutchison Vale. James McCafferty was a Hibs kitman that was in court for having images of children as well.

Definitely wasn't just Hibs and Celtic though, could be a lot of clubs involved because it seemed to be rife all over the place.

(02-22-2020, 12:57 PM)Morph Wrote: I'm sure there were incidents of sexual abuse all  over Scotland but he's talking about paedo rings which I think are a bit different.  They only one I've heard about on that sort of scale was through that coach linked to Celtic.

Not whataboutery or point scoring btw I just haven't heard of anything like that outside of the Celtic boys club issue.

Pretty much this ^^ It'll be spun (by Celtic, celtic-minded) into a societal issue at large, and that no club is without its historical beasts, etc. No one in their right mind can excuse any form of child abuse, especially of a predatory nature, however what seems to be at particular issue here is one of systemic/institutional abuse.

(02-22-2020, 01:26 PM)pondlife Wrote: It'll be spun (by Celtic, celtic-minded) into a societal issue at large,

Pretty shitty turn of phrase tbh.

(02-22-2020, 01:32 PM)Jeff Resnick Wrote: Pretty shitty turn of phrase tbh.

What do you mean? Okay, I'll be shocked if they raise both hands and shout "Fair cop!"

(02-22-2020, 01:35 PM)pondlife Wrote: What do you mean? Okay, I'll be shocked if they raise both hands and shout "Fair cop!"

It doesnt need to be 'spun' into a 'societal problem at large' because it is/was a societal problem at large. You just need to look at the inquiry into historical abuse in children's care homes to see just how widespread the issue was. Celtic/Celtic Boys Club are small part within the wider issues and it isnt confined to them, as any bit of research into the problem shows (or even looking just a few posts above your own).

By all means, have a go at any cover up (but lets not forget, nearly every organisation did so) but to say its need to be 'spun' into something, that it actually is, is just fucking dreadful.

Not sure what you're getting at, other than me. Monty Ha

I'm just saying that Celtic will no doubt try to absolve themselves of any wrong-doings, as any organisation would, and by doing so will attempt to fling out all the right soundbytes, which may or may not include (or suggest/implied) some of the examples already posted. The world is spinning, Jeff. Monty Oh Well

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Shuto Makino - 02-22-2020

This is an awful human story which shouldn't be about football point scoring. As things stand, it seems like Celtic are more implicated than any other club, but there's probably more still to come out.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Lil Sebastian - 02-22-2020

My first hope is that people, when speaking about this, remember that there were victims of these absues.

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Hung S.J. - 02-22-2020

Beasts beasts beasts jjay

RE: Alex Thomson on Celtic - Sasa - 02-23-2020

Sadly 'point scoring' and 'whataboutery' despite being valid points are used as some sort of defence from a particular club's set of supporters.

If Hearts are implicated in this I don't think I could support them anymore and I certainly wouldn't be pointing fingers elsewhere.