This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Six Nations Thread. Fuck off Lewis.
Started by Frei me a river

720 posts in this topic
Frei me a river
Nelson Seegero

Threads: 19

01-17-2018, 08:15 PM -
Fully aware you think rugby’s shite Lewis. No need to tell us again.

Couple of weeks to go until this year’s championship kicks off and my optimism regarding the national side has slowed right up with the injury crisis in the front row. You won’t win many games if you can’t hold a scrum up and reputation counts for too much when it comes to refereeing the scrum. The Irish, French and English will bully our pack and parity with wales and Italy will be a result.

Scotland - it’s been a fine couple of years for the national team but injuries to 7/9 of our front row forwards is going to make life difficult. Couple that with Hoggie not being match sharp, 3 away matches and injuries to Taylor and Scott in the back line and it’s looking pretty bleak to me.

Wales - downward spiral to continue with Garland continuing to be the most stubborn man in Britain. Will miss Falatau massively.

Ireland - favourites for me. Leinster are demolishing everyone in their path in the champions cup and they now have a very settled, experienced and successful side that can mix it with anyone. A solid set piece, brilliant at the breakdown (albeit illegally half the time), the best halfbacks in the competition and dangerous runners in the back line. Potential grand slam for them Woy

England - on paper they’re very strong and their record under jones is fantastic but they really need a lot of players to hit form. Club sides have been struggling badly this year.

France - who knows, as usual. Very young squad picked.

Italy - fodder

Ireland
England
France
Scotland
Wales
Italy

Scotland’s time will come with the players we now have but it won’t be this year. May Bee
Half Time Guest
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

01-17-2018, 11:47 PM -
Fancy England to run away with it again, they'e playing some great stuff now. However it's the first time in ages I've felt we can really compete for the championship. I don't think we'll win it but we'll definitely challenge for second spot.

If we finish out with the top three it would be a major of a disappointment.
Ray Winstone
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

01-18-2018, 04:16 AM -
In Ireland the weekend of our match against them. Tickets available but the price is absolutely ridiculous.
No rep, no problem Shitwine
Herman Boyce
It was a good laugh, wasn’t it?

Threads: 10

01-18-2018, 06:00 AM -
Think we’ll finish 3rd. Front row is a big concern but apart from that I’m not really worried.

Taylor and Scott have barely featured for Scotland throughout the massive improvement over the last couple of years and if Hogg isn’t 100% fit I think we now have enough cover for him.

Hopefully Laidlaw isn’t straight back in the team though. I think we’ve kicked in to another level without him.

I think we’ll finish 3rd behind England and Ireland. It’s not just Faletau Wales are missing, Warburton and Lydiate are both our too. A Welsh wooden spoon would be Piggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frei me a river
Nelson Seegero

01-18-2018, 07:12 AM -
(01-18-2018, 06:00 AM)Bert Le Bowski Wrote: Think we’ll finish 3rd. Front row is a big concern but apart from that I’m not really worried.

Taylor and Scott have barely featured for Scotland throughout the massive improvement over the last couple of years and if Hogg isn’t 100% fit I think we now have enough cover for him.

Hopefully Laidlaw isn’t straight back in the team though. I think we’ve kicked in to another level without him.

I think we’ll finish 3rd behind England and Ireland. It’s not just Faletau Wales are missing, Warburton and Lydiate are both our too. A Welsh wooden spoon would be Piggy

Agree on Taylor and Scott but this seasons been Dunbar’s first real dip in form and whilst he’s normally sound defensively he’s made some massive fuck ups this season but outwith Horne we don’t really have many fit options at 12.

I’d argue Tiperic and Moriarty are stronger options than Lydiate and Warburton these days anyway but I do think Wales will struggle and if they get the wooden spoon my cock my drop off. Massive first game that’ll define both countries championships. If we get parity in the scrum we’ll win this game.
Currahee!
A tenner for this

Threads: 23

01-18-2018, 07:16 AM -
The odds for 6 Nations.

[Image: bJ7Y6w2l.png]
Frei me a river
Nelson Seegero

01-18-2018, 07:19 AM -
(01-18-2018, 04:16 AM)Ray Winstone Wrote: In Ireland the weekend of our match against them. Tickets available but the price is absolutely ridiculous.

The price of international rugby tickets is a joke and it’s not helped by tours snapping them up and putting them on viagogo for double the face value. I’m not going to either home game this year but I’m heading to Rome. It’ll probably work out cheaper.
Currahee!
A tenner for this

Threads: 23

01-18-2018, 07:20 AM -
Or a grand slam

[Image: mFZC8BLl.png]
shaun.lawson
Punta del Este, Uruguay

Threads: 5

01-18-2018, 07:33 AM -
Hmm...

Wales v Scotland
France v Ireland
Italy v England

Ireland v Italy
England v Wales
Scotland v France

France v Italy
Ireland v Wales
Scotland v England

Ireland v Scotland
France v England
Wales v Italy

Italy v Scotland
England v Ireland
Wales v France

1. Ireland 4 wins
2. England 4 wins
3. Wales 3 wins
4. Scotland 2 wins
5. France 2 wins
6. Italy 0 wins

But I'm finding Wales-Scotland, France-Ireland, France-England and England-Ireland horribly, horribly difficult to call. Eek Calcutta Cup should be fun too. Shitwine
Mr A
Elite

Threads: 73

01-18-2018, 07:35 AM -
Think of we win our first game we could go in to win it.

If not, 3rd seems about right.

Don’t go to internationals anymore. Far too expensive and you get a much better view watching on TV.

Atmosphere can be dece at Murrayfield but it’s always freezing.
Frei me a river
Nelson Seegero

01-18-2018, 08:03 AM -
[quote=

But I'm finding Wales-Scotland, France-Ireland, France-England and England-Ireland horribly, horribly difficult to call. :eek: Calcutta Cup should be fun too.  :shitwine:
[/quote]

England to win comfortably at Murrayfield again. England - Ireland should be a fantastic match and potential grand slam decider.
Hotel Scorpio
The Priority

Threads: 57

01-18-2018, 10:04 AM -
Fuck off Lewis should belong in the majority of thread titles Jezza
shaun.lawson
Punta del Este, Uruguay

01-18-2018, 10:10 AM -
(01-18-2018, 08:03 AM)Pete Seeger Wrote: England to win comfortably at Murrayfield again. England - Ireland should be a fantastic match and potential grand slam decider.

You know, we're not world beaters, and haven't, in my view, improved since Summer 2016 in Australia. Scotland at Murrayfield is a potential banana skin for us, make no mistake.
Herman Boyce

01-21-2018, 09:09 AM -
Few injuries for Glasgow last night but Hogg was outstanding on his comeback.

Sarko
Draft King

Threads: 14

01-21-2018, 02:59 PM -
(01-21-2018, 09:09 AM)Bert Le Bowski Wrote: Few injuries for Glasgow last night but Hogg was outstanding on his comeback.

Try inside two minutes Savoury

If Dunbar doesn't make the first weekend we can just about deal with that but sounded like Turner's might be quite serious and that could be a shambles. Twenty minutes of Scott Lawson against Wales Monty But
shaun.lawson
Punta del Este, Uruguay

01-21-2018, 03:08 PM -
S. Lawson will, I'm sure, have a stormer. Shitwine
Chrambo
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

01-30-2018, 02:00 PM -
Scotland V England tickets confirmed. 4.45pm kick off on a Saturday Piggy
Grootovic
Super Moderator

Threads: 26

01-30-2018, 02:13 PM -
(01-30-2018, 02:00 PM)Chrambo Wrote: Scotland V England tickets confirmed.  4.45pm kick off on a Saturday Piggy

Got corporate with work for Scotland v England a few years back (when we were shite) not the posh one just in one of the big tents outside but it was a great day out

Wouldn’t mind going this year but will have the wee man to take care of at that time anyway

Herman Boyce

01-31-2018, 06:55 AM -
8 front rows out Monty LewLew

Huge loss for a nation with our size of player base.

Shanklands Fivehead
Seize the memes of production

Threads: 47

01-31-2018, 12:46 PM -
[Image: DU3azNkXUAIwoZS.jpg]

never mind the injuries, thats a decent team Sound