This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Scottish Cup Semi Final***Heart of Midlothian vs Hibernian
Started by Papin

750 posts in this topic
Hotel Scorpio
The Priority

Threads: 57

10-24-2020, 04:20 PM -
Hibs are doing well, doesn't matter how they are winning games. 

They don't concede very often, which is their main strength, and the reason why 3 of them ended up in the Scotland squad. Of course they aren't world beaters, but I wouldn't have minded a few more 1-0 grinds last season Monty Oh Well
Sarko
Draft King

Threads: 14

10-24-2020, 04:27 PM -
(10-24-2020, 04:16 PM)Half Time Guest Wrote: I've not paid attention to any Scottish football this season outwith Hearts and haven't watched a second of anyone that isn't us either. I was aware Hibs were near the top end and see they've won again today.

Decided to have a look at their games so far to see what we're up against next weekend and they haven't half scraped by. Played 15 games (league and cup) and only lost twice, which sounds impressive but for all the games they've won (10) they've only won three of them by more than a single goal - Brora, Livingston and St Mirren. Scraping by against Hamilton after Hamilton missed a penalty, last minute penalty winner against St Johnstone, late winner away at Forfar.

They might look the part of paper but they are definitely not as good as what they're made out to be. Yeah, some would argue it's the sign of a good side that can grind out wins but they don't seem to be blowing teams away or anything like that and appear to have rode their luck a fair bit. Yet again today they've got a penalty from Dikamona making a cunt of it. We need to take the game to them next week. They're there for the taking.

You realise we only beat Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Arbroath by a single goal as well aye?
Socko
Posting Freak

Threads: 1

10-24-2020, 04:28 PM -
Honestly don't think we'll lay a glove on them. 

Eek
pondlife
Posting Freak

Threads: 4

10-24-2020, 04:33 PM -
I like HTG's optimism, and the analysis is fair enough, from a reading the results perspective but they're obviously a sound, decent outfit that deserve some respect in a footballing sense. As I said previously, we'll need to make it a abttle from the off and out them off their stride, then slowly ramp it up, as undoubtedly we do have quality at the business end of the pitch. Just hope our defence (obviously Gordon can) keep us in it initially. I'm quietly confident we'll do okay.
Shteve

Threads: 16

10-24-2020, 04:33 PM -
I'm not worried about them, we know they're decent but they are not brilliant. We can definitely give them a good game and you never know what can happen.
Hung S.J.
Elite

Threads: 970

10-24-2020, 04:35 PM -
Dundee Utd gave hibs a game in the cup last year so hopefully we can too.
BoJack Horseman
Posting Freak

10-24-2020, 04:36 PM -
The standard of defending in our games has been very, very poor. As much as I can’t stand hibs, if Inverness, Raith and Arbroath are creating gilt-edged chances against us then they will as well and won’t pass them up.

Going into this one in hope rather than expectation.
Sarko
Draft King

Threads: 14

10-24-2020, 04:42 PM -
(10-24-2020, 04:36 PM)BoJack Horseman Wrote: The standard of defending in our games has been very, very poor. As much as I can’t stand hibs, if Inverness, Raith and Arbroath are creating gilt-edged chances against us then they will as well and won’t pass them up.

Going into this one in hope rather than expectation.

This is why I think we need an extra body in the midfield. Gordon bailed us out a couple times last night; if we still had any of last season’s keepers playing, there’d be much more serious questions being asked of Halkett and Popescu.

Haring will need to play pretty much on top of them next week with Halliday and Irving/Cochrane in your classic centre mid roles.
Shteve

10-24-2020, 04:44 PM -
There's absolutely no point in being negative and having us lose the game before a ball is kicked, we're not playing Bayern Munich or that, they'll be favourites but so fuck, all the pressure and expectation to win is on them.
Currahee!
A tenner for this

Threads: 23

10-24-2020, 04:49 PM -
We fucking leathered them at their hovel the last time and they thought they'd wipe the floor with us. Their fans will be full of bravado and optimism but they're all shitting themselves. Semi's v them only go 1 way.
Half Time Guest
Posting Freak

10-24-2020, 04:49 PM -
(10-24-2020, 04:33 PM)Shteve Wrote: I'm not worried about them, we know they're decent but they are not brilliant. We can definitely give them a good game and you never know what can happen.

(10-24-2020, 04:35 PM)S.J. Wrote: Dundee Utd gave hibs a game in the cup last year so hopefully we can too.

(10-24-2020, 04:44 PM)Shteve Wrote: There's absolutely no point in being negative and having us lose the game before a ball is kicked, we're not playing Bayern Munich or that, they'll be favourites but so fuck, all the pressure and expectation to win is on them.

Absolutely all of this.

(10-24-2020, 04:27 PM)Nicolas Sarkozy Wrote: You realise we only beat Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Arbroath by a single goal as well aye?

Is that right aye?

As I clearly laid out the point I'm making is that whilst they've been grinding out wins they've actually not been as good as some would believe and have in fact rode their luck on a number of occasions. It's probably more a damning indication of the league as a whole, you don't have to be that good to be near the top end, just mildly competent.

Their luck has to run out soon, hopefully starting next Saturday.
Hendricks
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

10-24-2020, 04:54 PM -
Definitely underdogs but semi finals have been won by teams with a far greater gulf in talent than exists between these Hearts and Hibs sides. Nothing to lose for me, we need to play with a hunger and determination and out work them. In short, we need to want it more. That happens and if the vast majority play at or near their best than we have a decent chance. Turn up scared to take the ball and with the timid attitude we've seen from Neilson teams in previous derbies then we'll be up against it. All the pressure is on Hibs in this one, lets score first and see what they are made of.
BoJack Horseman
Posting Freak

10-24-2020, 04:59 PM -
(10-24-2020, 04:42 PM)Nicolas Sarkozy Wrote: This is why I think we need an extra body in the midfield. Gordon bailed us out a couple times last night; if we still had any of last season’s keepers playing, there’d be much more serious questions being asked of Halkett and Popescu.

Haring will need to play pretty much on top of them next week with Halliday and Irving/Cochrane in your classic centre mid roles.

Halkett in his Hearts career has been rotten defensively. I’d honestly give him a McKenna style run up front Warnock

I’d like to see Cochrane get much more of a run of games but sadly doesn’t seem to be fancied that much. Thought he was decent against ICT and certainly worth more playing time. Would have thought yesterday would have seen him as an option to come off the bench at least but didn’t make the squad.

We go into next week with a chance but the deck has been stacked against us, of that there is no doubt.
Shteve

10-24-2020, 05:04 PM -
Cochrane just isn't up to it for me, think he can play a part this season but I wouldn't trust him against Hibs, just a bit too soft and slow for that kind of game.

Haring Halliday and Irving in the middle of the perk would do me.
Zizou
Drunk Cretin & Hassle Magnet

Threads: 739

10-24-2020, 05:05 PM -
We'll be slight underdogs but there is very little between the teams. We're a Premiership standard team in a league below due to chronic mismanagement and corruption. Nothing to worry about. It's who wants it more on the day and that should hopefully be us.
Hung S.J.
Elite

10-24-2020, 05:09 PM -
I tihnk the nisbet v Halkett/Popescu thing could be a big issue.

tempted to drop one and put Haring in there for experinece, but not enough game time unfortunately.

Bottom line is that we are in a much better position going into this semi than before corona, even if we are a league below.
Hung S.J.
Elite

10-24-2020, 05:09 PM -
Just a shame some of our top boys - Halliday, Naismith, Boyce, Haring etc... aren't up to speed yet.
Floyd
Resident Weegie

Threads: 9

10-24-2020, 05:18 PM -
(10-24-2020, 05:05 PM)Arkadiusz Klimek Wrote: We'll be slight underdogs but there is very little between the teams. We're a Premiership standard team in a league below due to chronic mismanagement and corruption. Nothing to worry about. It's who wants it more on the day and that should hopefully be us.

Hekens

Absolutely not shitting it against that mob. If we turn up, we’ll beat them, simple as that.
Winston Churchill
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

10-24-2020, 06:20 PM -
We are soft and slow right down the spine of the team. Sob

Boyle and Rab C will be licking their lips. Fat Cunt
The Great Naisy
Morph is a wee wank

Threads: 126

10-24-2020, 06:57 PM -
Seen Hibs fans raging because Robbie was at Rugby Park watching them today Warnock

“Nae fans allowed but that cunt can watch us before the big game”

Monty Chuckle