This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Ghosts, Demons and The Supernatural.
Started by Kashinda

56 posts in this topic
Kashinda
it wasn’t a fix, I swear

Threads: 67

11-23-2016, 12:52 AM -

Where does the THF stand on ghosts, people getting possessed etc? I've watched some videos on YouTube that have made a very convincing case and almost had me believing that it could be real. Can honestly say that I've never seen a ghost and probably never will. I used to drive on the so called most haunted road in Britain 4 times a week for 3 years and still saw nothing.
The only thing that's ever happened to me that has been related to the supernatural still makes me think though. I used to have an old TV in my room that I always turned off at the plug before getting in bed, because the plug the TV was in was the one I needed for my laptop charger. At exactly 3am, every day without fail, the TV's power light would turn on for exactly 3 minutes. This never ever bothered me until one day at school we were talking about the witching hour, and it got me thinking about it until I got so freaked out I sold the TV to a friend and bought a new one.

Anybody on here had some experiences with anything weird or spooky that could be deemed as supernatural, or is it all a load of pish?
Poor Playercey
Slug and not physical

Threads: 205

11-23-2016, 12:56 AM -
(11-23-2016, 12:52 AM)Kash Wrote: a load of pish?

Hekens
(08-02-2018, 09:04 AM)Mags Wrote: A resposta é Sim.

Roger H. Sterling
Category 3 Poster

Threads: 54

11-23-2016, 01:10 AM -
(11-23-2016, 12:52 AM)Kash Wrote:

Where does the THF stand on ghosts, people getting possessed etc? I've watched some videos on YouTube that have made a very convincing case and almost had me believing that it could be real. Can honestly say that I've never seen a ghost and probably never will. I used to drive on the so called most haunted road in Britain 4 times a week for 3 years and still saw nothing.
The only thing that's ever happened to me that has been related to the supernatural still makes me think though. I used to have an old TV in my room that I always turned off at the plug before getting in bed, because the plug the TV was in was the one I needed for my laptop charger. At exactly 3am, every day without fail, the TV's power light would turn on for exactly 3 minutes. This never ever bothered me until one day at school we were talking about the witching hour, and it got me thinking about it until I got so freaked out I sold the TV to a friend and bought a new one.

Anybody on here had some experiences with anything weird or spooky that could be deemed as supernatural, or is it all a load of pish?

What happened during daylight savings?
Kashinda
it wasn’t a fix, I swear

11-23-2016, 01:11 AM -
Still came on when my phone said 3am Warnock
Shteve

Threads: 16

11-23-2016, 01:30 AM -
Thought a ghost had stole my Tv remote one night, turned my room upside down like fuck sake it was here beside me literally 2 minutes ago, turns out it had fell off and landed perfectly inside my shoe, like flat down. Couldn't believe it.
dokratrow
Eleet

Threads: 20

11-23-2016, 01:44 AM -
Zlat
Kashinda
it wasn’t a fix, I swear

11-23-2016, 01:55 AM -
(11-23-2016, 01:30 AM)Amnesiac Wrote: Thought a ghost had stole my Tv remote one night, turned my room upside down like fuck sake it was here beside me literally 2 minutes ago, turns out it had fell off and landed perfectly inside my shoe, like flat down. Couldn't believe it.

Spooky.
pondlife
Posting Freak

Threads: 4

11-23-2016, 03:08 AM -
Burd had a few of her mental mates round one night; they're all steamin' and one of them starts acting all weird. She was possessed; smoke coming out of her ears acting all wide, so the big lass had to wrestle her down and sit on her, until the evil demon spirit was exorcised. Totally radge.

True story; straight up.
shaun.lawson
Punta del Este, Uruguay

Threads: 5

11-23-2016, 06:14 AM -
(11-23-2016, 01:30 AM)Amnesiac Wrote: Thought a ghost had stole my Tv remote one night, turned my room upside down like fuck sake it was here beside me literally 2 minutes ago, turns out it had fell off and landed perfectly inside my shoe, like flat down. Couldn't believe it.

The ghost said OK Lewis, windup. Back to work.
Morph
Elite

Threads: 108

11-23-2016, 06:45 AM -
Kash and the spooky happenings of the haunted timer.
[Image: n7oPFZa.gif]

Shuto Makino
1-1 :jos:

Threads: 55

11-23-2016, 08:01 AM -
A mischevious wee spark ghost wreaking havoc on Kash's power supply for exactly 180 seconds a day.
(08-21-2017, 01:25 PM)i8hibsh Wrote: I AM A LONER BY CHOICE
I AM SINGLE BY CHOICE
I HAVE NO KIDS BY CHOICE

Drederick Shanktum
Desperate Tatum

Threads: 62

11-23-2016, 08:05 AM -
[Image: H283bu4m.jpg]
Monty Oh You
I.J
My pozzy is ready

Threads: 16

11-23-2016, 09:27 AM -
Britain’s most famous ghost – the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall
MAY 21, 2015 / C.R. BERRY
undefined
The infamous Brown Lady photo

The most famous ghost in the UK is that of the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, whose image was allegedly captured by photographers from Country Lifemagazine. Who is she? Is Raynham Hall really haunted by her ghost? Or is the photo a fake?
The first recorded sighting of the Brown Lady was in 1835, when two guests at the Townshend Christmas festivities saw her as they approached their bedrooms. They noted her brown dress, from which she gets her name. They also described her glowing face and – most disconcertingly – her empty eye-sockets.
Further sightings occurred, including one by King George IV, who apparently saw her standing by his bed. But the most famous sighting happened in 1936, when photographers Hubert Provand and Indre Shira were taking photographs of Raynham Hall for an article for Country Life magazine.
While Provand was under the camera cloth, Shira allegedly saw a “vapoury form gradually assuming the appearance of a woman” floating down Raynham Hall’s main staircase towards them. He asked Provand to snap a photo. Provand believed that what Shira had seen was just a trick of light, but when they developed the photo, there she was – just as Shira had described.
Who is the Brown Lady?
According to legend, the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall is the ghost of Lady Dorothy Walpole, sister of Robert Walpole, Britain’s first Prime Minister. She married Charles Townshend, lord of Raynham Hall, and is said to have committed adultery with a fellow lord. Although legal records state that she died and was buried in 1726, legend has it that her funeral and burial were faked. Charles in fact locked Dorothy away in a remote corner of Raynham Hall and kept her imprisoned until her death many years later, as punishment for her infidelity.
How she eventually died is also up for debate. Some say it was smallpox. Others say she was pushed down the main staircase and broke her neck.
undefined
Lady Dorothy Walpole – the Brown Lady?

Is the Brown Lady photo a hoax?
Sceptics have argued that Provand and Shira’s sighting is fabricated, and that the photo is a fake – perhaps accomplished by smearing grease onto the lens of the camera. Some investigators who interviewed Provand and Shira at the time claimed they had no reason to disbelieve them. But many have argued since that there is evidence that one photo has been superimposed over the other.
Magician John Booth suggested that the photo is a composite of the stairs and an image of someone covered in a bed sheet. He demonstrated this himself and created his own faked ghost photo, which looked very similar to the Country Life picture. Others have argued that the photo was created by superimposing an image of an ordinary Virgin Mary statue over a photo of the staircase. And it’s quite telling that the Lady Townshend of the time, who lived at Raynham Hall, revealed in an interview that Shira had come to the hall hoping to photograph a ghost. Was it all just a publicity stunt for Country Life?
Of course, less cynical sceptics have argued that the photo is an accidental double exposure or film imperfection/anomaly. Provand actually admitted that his camera had faults and exposure problems.
There probably won’t ever be a definitive explanation for the photo. What’s interesting is that no sightings of the Brown Lady have been reported at Raynham Hall since the photo was taken.
Why is this? Could it be that she is trapped inside the photo? Could it be that Provand and Shira inadvertently captured and contained her when they snapped her image coming down the stairs – and now she’s frozen in time forever? The photo is still held in the offices of Country Life. What if future technology permits her escape and she exacts revenge against the makers of the magazine?

------------------

And we must also ascertain the theme of the occult as the occult is occult and occultists practice occultism and by calculating the discountenance of somnambulism whereupon one must become edacious, it is the occult. 

[Image: 2e8a1e8050aebebba7b922dc97cf6ff6.jpg]
This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 09:28 AM by I.J.
Shanklands Fivehead
Seize the memes of production

Threads: 47

11-23-2016, 09:28 AM -
this is all a bit maroonlegions Tony You What
Herman Boyce
It was a good laugh, wasn’t it?

Threads: 10

11-23-2016, 09:34 AM -
My old man doesn't believe in ghosts or the supernatural but he's completely at a loss to explain this one.

He was brought up by his Gran and was playing golf on a Saturday. It was back in the day when pagers were a thing and he carried his with him. It was a work pager so only his colleagues had the number.

He got a page on the course which was complete nonsense, just a random assortment of numbers, letters and symbols. He thought nothing of it but when he got home he found out his gran had died. When he was told the time of death at the hospital later it was the exact time he received that page.

To this day he's never found out anyone who paged him that day. Like I said he doesn't believe at all in supernatural stuff but it's never been bottomed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PHOODLE-OUt
MRS MIKO OUt

Threads: 264

11-23-2016, 09:35 AM -
Have encountered a poltergeist before.
Poor Playercey
Slug and not physical

Threads: 205

11-23-2016, 09:39 AM -
(11-23-2016, 06:14 AM)shaun.lawson Wrote: The ghost said OK Lewis, windup. Back to work.

Pozzied because I was about to make the same joke. A classic line. Warnock
(08-02-2018, 09:04 AM)Mags Wrote: A resposta é Sim.

Roger H. Sterling
Category 3 Poster

Threads: 54

11-23-2016, 10:00 AM -
(11-23-2016, 09:35 AM)Donald J-Stupid Wrote: Have encountered a poltergeist before.

Sure you've probably encountered a few ghosts in your time.

Spoiler :
[Image: KKK-adjusted.jpg]
PHOODLE-OUt
MRS MIKO OUt

Threads: 264

11-23-2016, 10:01 AM -
Titter
Grootovic
Super Moderator

Threads: 26

11-23-2016, 11:40 AM -
The other half really believes in ghosts and all that shit, think it's partly a Buddhist thing about former lives

She was watching a tv show with some friends from back in Thailand about people who are haunted by ghosts and the Thai version of Derek Acorah gets the 'ghost' to talk through them!

I got serious shit for shouting out as it got to the conclusion to give them a fright and calling it a load of bollocks