This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Role of FoH
Started by Cammo Toe

13 posts in this topic
Cammo Toe
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

03-10-2018, 12:17 PM -
Is anybody on here clued up about this? Serious question.

I get the money being raised. And the history of avoiding liquidation. But what is it now? On an ongoing basis.

Does it just hand over money blindly with no accountability for Budge and Board to then decide what to do with it? Is it to support operational costs like salaries, heat, rates? Were they asked prior to Budge committing funds like the stand overspend? Does she ask permission as such?

I admit I might be wrong as i don't know. But they seem toothless. Shouldn't they be holding a flame to her feet? Either withholding money or just paying her off. Does she report to them in terms of wise use of our money?

I think a serious reason for holding onto Levein now is the cost to fire. But what if FoH felt this was worth paying but Budge didn't? She is majority s/holder. But it's our money she's spending. Do we get to voice opinions and ideas for spend?

If rumours are true. Between our two forwards we're spending around £15k a week. With no resale value. Eye watering. But I'd support if it was for securing guys like Cadden. Not short term panic loans and high profile career journeyman to save the manager's job.

I'll apologise if wrong. But just feel the golden goose of FoH needs to be harder with Budge and hold her to account. Even just to make those investing feel they want to continue to do so.

For the first time I can recall we have almost zero assets on the park we can sell if we urgently need cash. Souttar? Cochrane? STs will be down next year and I remain confused about the forecast revenue of corporate in a half complete stand that doesn't have boxes even when finished. I'd like FoH to present us with the detail of the SECOND 5 year plan. I'm thinking by now it'll be relying on

European football
Strong cup runs
Good tv coverage and sponsorship
Selling each year a £1m-£2m player at profit
Continuing ST sales at current levels
No downturn in FoH contributions
New corporate revenue streams
Increased walk up fans in increased capacity stadium

I see none of this being viable. And we are loss making. Still. Only fudged by a mystery contribution.

My views on Budge are negative in the extreme. I'd love to do her review. We can bitch and moan about individual players and performances and even Neilson, Cathro and Levein. But it's all about the head of the snake.

So back to the question. Does anyone know the role of FoH in this and managing her, opinion on spend and how we evaluate her performance with our money and ultimately our club's wellbeing?

May Bee
Kashinda
it wasn’t a fix, I swear

Threads: 67

03-10-2018, 12:24 PM -
(03-10-2018, 12:17 PM)Cammo Toe Wrote: For the first time I can recall we have almost zero assets on the park we can sell if we urgently need cash. 

We don't need money urgently so we don't need to sell players for the sake of it. In a few years we'll have Souttar, Cochrane, MacDonald, Moore, Godinho, Brandon and possibly even people like Irving, Henderson, Keena and Zanatta that we can get money for. Some more than others obviously varying from about 200k to 3 or 4 million for Souttar and still dependant on how they progress.

Not much wrong with the rest of your post. I think the club's in a very lucky position with the FoH. It's just not used to the best it can be.
This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 12:24 PM by Kashinda.
Mr A
Elite

Threads: 73

03-10-2018, 12:26 PM -
IIRC the FOH was set up to pay her back what she put in.

The money they’ve gifted the club was not part of the original agreement - but it’s been done on an ad hoc basis by the FOH.

Don’t think they have any ability to hold AB to account if they wanted to.
Jeff Resnick
Buffalo's No. 1 Psychic Investigator

Threads: 14

03-10-2018, 12:47 PM -
(03-10-2018, 12:17 PM)Cammo Toe Wrote: Is anybody on here clued up about this? Serious question.

I get the money being raised. And the history of avoiding liquidation. But what is it now? On an ongoing basis.

Does it just hand over money blindly with no accountability for Budge and Board to then decide what to do with it? Is it to support operational costs like salaries, heat, rates? Were they asked prior to Budge committing funds like the stand overspend? Does she ask permission as such?

I admit I might be wrong as i don't know. But they seem toothless. Shouldn't they be holding a flame to her feet? Either withholding money or just paying her off. Does she report to them in terms of wise use of our money?

I think a serious reason for holding onto Levein now is the cost to fire. But what if FoH felt this was worth paying but Budge didn't? She is majority s/holder. But it's our money she's spending. Do we get to voice opinions and ideas for spend?

If rumours are true. Between our two forwards we're spending around £15k a week. With no resale value. Eye watering. But I'd support if it was for securing guys like Cadden. Not short term panic loans and high profile career journeyman to save the manager's job.

I'll apologise if wrong. But just feel the golden goose of FoH needs to be harder with Budge and hold her to account. Even just to make those investing feel they want to continue to do so.

For the first time I can recall we have almost zero assets on the park we can sell if we urgently need cash. Souttar? Cochrane? STs will be down next year and I remain confused about the forecast revenue of corporate in a half complete stand that doesn't have boxes even when finished. I'd like FoH to present us with the detail of the SECOND 5 year plan. I'm thinking by now it'll be relying on

European football
Strong cup runs
Good tv coverage and sponsorship
Selling each year a £1m-£2m player at profit
Continuing ST sales at current levels
No downturn in FoH contributions
New corporate revenue streams
Increased walk up fans in increased capacity stadium

I see none of this being viable. And we are loss making. Still. Only fudged by a mystery contribution.

My views on Budge are negative in the extreme. I'd love to do her review. We can bitch and moan about individual players and performances and even Neilson, Cathro and Levein. But it's all about the head of the snake.

So back to the question. Does anyone know the role of FoH in this and managing her, opinion on spend and how we evaluate her performance with our money and ultimately our club's wellbeing?

May Bee

Decent post (though I know you like to repeat going for Cadden but we havent got £500k+ to drop on him and neither have any Scottish team apart from Celtic).

I've no fucking clue what their current remit is beyond appearing to act like chief jammie wearers and blinding handing over money to Budge, so she's even less accountability to what is going on (though I'm not overly keen to see some of these types become the 'owners' either).

I'll absolutely give them credit for what they did during the admin period but now they just seem like financial cheerleaders.
Timothy Dugshite
Don't you want to know why?

Threads: 12

03-10-2018, 12:48 PM -
I've not given them a penny and probably never will.
[Image: dqlslv.jpg]
Hung S.J.
Elite

Threads: 970

03-10-2018, 02:28 PM -
FOH are mugged off by Anne's slick PR.
Zizou
Drunk Cretin & Hassle Magnet

Threads: 739

03-10-2018, 02:55 PM -
Problem is there is no one in the FoH qualified to speak on football matters. There has obviously been an agreement between the club and FoH not to comment on it. I think I agree with that tbh. The club should be held fully accountable and that is why I am BUDGE OOT APRant
Morph
Elite

Threads: 108

03-10-2018, 03:00 PM -
Does anyone in the FOH actually have experience running a football club?
[Image: n7oPFZa.gif]

Winston Churchill
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

03-10-2018, 03:11 PM -
I keep being told on here that the gambler and wee Naisy are on 1,000 a week Monty Chuckle
fan owned but not fan run Warnock
Prancer
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

03-10-2018, 06:17 PM -
FOH are rammed full of PHM/Jammy Wearers who in return for the odd visit from Budge don't ask anything Budge doesn't pre-approve.
Floyd
Resident Weegie

Threads: 9

03-10-2018, 06:23 PM -
(03-10-2018, 06:17 PM)Prancer Wrote: FOH are rammed full of PHM/Jammy Wearers who in return for the odd visit from Budge don't ask anything Budge doesn't pre-approve.

You talking about Kickback or the FOH there?

I dare say the clubs official unofficial mouthpiece is still supporting Levein and blowing smoke up Budge’s arse while planning on what to send her for Mother’s Day?

Sycophantic wankers the lot of them!!
pondlife
Posting Freak

Threads: 4

03-10-2018, 11:55 PM -
Ken, in shite times like these that tenner a month suddenly becomes accountable. How much is it a year and to who is it going, all or partially? Is any of it being retained/invested for serious footballers?

If I only knew how to stop paypal I'd probably call it a day but then again I'm not even sure it's coming out of my account. Monty Oh You
Drederick Shanktum
Desperate Tatum

Threads: 62

03-11-2018, 12:49 AM -
(03-10-2018, 03:11 PM)Winston Churchill Wrote: I keep being told on here that the gambler and wee Naisy are on 1,000 a week  Monty Chuckle

No you don’t you fucking actual arsehole.

Pozzy.
Monty Oh You
Drederick Shanktum
Desperate Tatum

Threads: 62

03-11-2018, 12:50 AM -
Cammo ruins most of his decent points with shite like laff and Naismith are on silly money.
Monty Oh You