This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Young players
Started by Cammo Toe

6 posts in this topic
Cammo Toe
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

09-02-2021, 09:27 AM -
Never really had it explained to me like this before. I remember when Hearts and other clubs had Reserve Teams. No one in Scotland has these anymore. No one. We all have U18s I think it is where you're allowed to field two over 18 players.

This means as our academy players reach 18 Hearts have no facility to offer them football. Unless they're into the first team squad. Or permanently one of the two over 18s allowed. But then they only get to keep playing against 17 and 18 year olds and don't kick on. 

This is why Rangers and Celtic bought acceptance of their Colt Teams into the lower leagues, which despite the young name, can now act as Reserve Teams. Think it only cost them £50k.

I didn't agree at the time but given they're both in, Hearts should buy our way in too. This is why the mad scramble to loan out Stone, Henderson and others. As it is our Academy for all its funding has no conveyor belt beyond 18 years old.

Fat Cunt
Acey
Honest ABE

Threads: 187

09-02-2021, 09:30 AM -
Odd to see a Tory cunt proposing any kind of youth funding. Tony Hmm

e: added the word "cunt"
This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 09:31 AM by Acey.
Cammo Toe
Posting Freak

09-02-2021, 09:49 AM -
(09-02-2021, 09:30 AM)Acey Wrote: Odd to see a Tory cunt proposing any kind of youth funding. Tony Hmm

e: added the word "cunt"

Sigh. Think you need to read my posts on that again. Where I said I DON'T like the Tories. What you really mean is I also included saying not liking the party you like. Boo hoo.

You wanna keep bringing up politics now and boring everyone on a football forum?
Hung S.J.
Elite

Threads: 887

09-02-2021, 10:12 AM -
Acey kens you get upset when politics is mentioned. Warnock C'mon, oldest troll in the book man (but enough about VS)
This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 10:12 AM by Hung S.J..
Jesus Shuttlesworth
Elite

Threads: 3

09-02-2021, 11:38 AM -
(09-02-2021, 09:27 AM)Cammo Toe Wrote: Never really had it explained to me like this before. I remember when Hearts and other clubs had Reserve Teams. No one in Scotland has these anymore. No one. We all have U18s I think it is where you're allowed to field two over 18 players.

This means as our academy players reach 18 Hearts have no facility to offer them football. Unless they're into the first team squad. Or permanently one of the two over 18s allowed. But then they only get to keep playing against 17 and 18 year olds and don't kick on. 

This is why Rangers and Celtic bought acceptance of their Colt Teams into the lower leagues, which despite the young name, can now act as Reserve Teams. Think it only cost them £50k.

I didn't agree at the time but given they're both in, Hearts should buy our way in too. This is why the mad scramble to loan out Stone, Henderson and others. As it is our Academy for all its funding has no conveyor belt beyond 18 years old.

Fat Cunt

There is a reserve league. The overage rule is for the challenge cup, and it’s for players over the age of 21
Cammo Toe
Posting Freak

09-02-2021, 04:37 PM -
(09-02-2021, 11:38 AM)Jesus Shuttlesworth Wrote: There is a reserve league. The overage rule is for the challenge cup, and it’s for players over the age of 21

It's called a reserve league, yes. But it's a league of kids with age restrictions. What I've said above as an issue I've got from a football agent AND the dad of a Scotland u18 player. And it's why Rangers and Celtic set up Colts teams. My point stands and the challenge for our own kids coming out of the academy stands too. We struggle to offer them a football game.

So again I see why it'd help to also introduce a Hearts Colts team. I didn't agree, but if it's gonna help those two, might as well join them.
Jesus Shuttlesworth
Elite

Threads: 3

09-02-2021, 05:37 PM -
(09-02-2021, 04:37 PM)Cammo Toe Wrote: It's called a reserve league, yes. But it's a league of kids with age restrictions. What I've said above as an issue I've got from a football agent AND the dad of a Scotland u18 player. And it's why Rangers and Celtic set up Colts teams. My point stands and the challenge for our own kids coming out of the academy stands too. We struggle to offer them a football game.

So again I see why it'd help to also introduce a Hearts Colts team. I didn't agree, but if it's gonna help those two, might as well join them.

The development league had restrictions, that was scrapped a couple of years ago and replaced by the reserve league which has/had no restrictions. The league has been on shelved for the last two seasons due to “COVID”