This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Man Killed on M74 Whilst Changing Tyre
Started by Dexter

8 posts in this topic
Dexter
You Wish You Were Us

Threads: 2,527

11-19-2014, 06:29 AM -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-gl...t-30093050

The times I've had to stop in the hard shoulder on a motorway, always scared the shit out me...

Fuck changing a tyre though - I'd be on my mobile getting someone out to do it - some fuckers on motorways these days - lunatics.
Sterling Archer
The Foracle

Threads: 103

11-19-2014, 08:29 AM -
How the fuck does that even happen?
Chris Benoit
Benoit for HOF 2024

Threads: 5

11-19-2014, 03:05 PM -
(11-19-2014, 08:29 AM)Sterling Archer Wrote: How the f*ck does that even happen?

Fucking idiots not paying attention. Few weeks back the wife was driving to Glasgow when the bonnet flew up into the windscreen. I was on a call out nearby so went along. Police van sitting behind with lights on and as I was helping get kids out some arse too busy looking at the pretty blue flashing lights nearly swerved into the motor. Would've taken me and the kids right out. Then when the guys from BEAR were moving the car from Central reservation to the hard shoulder they pulled out with the van with the big flashing warning sign and the police van and cunts were trying to undertake them rather than slow down. Had a few folk got a bit too close for comfort while I was waiting on the recovery lorry too.

I think folk just switch off when their on the motorway because it's fairly straight and not much manouvering.
Dexter
You Wish You Were Us

Threads: 2,527

11-19-2014, 03:07 PM -
(11-19-2014, 03:05 PM)Chris Benoit Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 08:29 AM)Sterling Archer Wrote: How the f*ck does that even happen?

Fucking idiots not paying attention. Few weeks back the wife was driving to Glasgow when the bonnet flew up into the windscreen. I was on a call out nearby so went along. Police van sitting behind with lights on and as I was helping get kids out some arse too busy looking at the pretty blue flashing lights nearly swerved into the motor. Would've taken me and the kids right out. Then when the guys from BEAR were moving the car from Central reservation to the hard shoulder they pulled out with the van with the big flashing warning sign and the police van and cunts were trying to undertake them rather than slow down. Had a few folk got a bit too close for comfort while I was waiting on the recovery lorry too.

I think folk just switch off when their on the motorway because it's fairly straight and not much manouvering.

Jesus !

Breaking down in the central reservation would reduce me to jelly - fuck knows what I'd do if the kids were in the car..
Chris Benoit
Benoit for HOF 2024

Threads: 5

11-19-2014, 03:36 PM -
(11-19-2014, 03:07 PM)Dexter Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 03:05 PM)Chris Benoit Wrote:

Jesus !

Breaking down in the central reservation would reduce me to jelly - f*ck knows what I'd do if the kids were in the car..

She did amazing. It was on the bit where it goes to 5 lanes just after Cumbernauld on the M80, she was in middle lane, bonnet flies up and stays there and she was able to get across to central reservation without crashing while getting showered with flakes of glass.
Sterling Archer
The Foracle

11-19-2014, 03:44 PM -
Women drivers eh? :look:

Worst that ever happened to me was the boot of my saxo springing open as I was flying down the A90 towards Dundee.
Johnny Fingers

Threads: 0

11-19-2014, 07:05 PM -
(11-19-2014, 03:44 PM)Sterling Archer Wrote: Women drivers eh? :look:

Worst that ever happened to me was the boot of my saxo springing open as I was flying down the A90 towards Dundee.

You deserved more for driving a fucking Saxo tbh.
Sterling Archer
The Foracle

11-19-2014, 07:08 PM -
Fair. I'm going to use the fact I was 18 as an excuse...
Johnny Fingers

Threads: 0

11-19-2014, 07:10 PM -
(11-19-2014, 07:08 PM)Sterling Archer Wrote: Fair. I'm going to use the fact I was 18 as an excuse...

Big Grin